INFO :Our offices will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day. Thank you to all those who have served and sacrificed for our country.
The path to your new home.
Buying your first home can be a dream come true, but it can be a challenging journey for the unprepared buyer. When it's time to make your move, our mortgage professionals are here to help you every step of the way.
As a first-time homebuyer, you may not be aware of the many programs designed to help save you money including programs like:
- Low down payment programs
- Fulton Bank Community Combo
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) government loans
- State and Local housing finance agency programs
- Closing cost and down payment assistance loans and grants
- Homebuyer Advantage Plus® Mortgage, our exclusive program
- HomeReady® Mortgage Plus
The benefits of owning your own home.
Determining how much home you can afford.
The Mortgage Application Process
step 1 - get pre-qualified
- Your fulton mortgage company loan officer will help determine how much you can afford and what mortgage programs work best for you
step 2 - search for your dream home
- Along with your realtor get out there to find your new home
- Continue to maintain good credit and check with your loan officer about any financial decisions that may affect your pre-qualification
- Work with your loan officer to customize a home financing plan for the home you want
step 3 - make an offer with your realtor
- Work with your realtor to get an accepted offer
step 4 - make a full loan application
- Once a contract is accepted, reach out to your loan officer to set up home financing
- Provide all required documents in a timely fashion
- Your loan officer will order an appraisal
- Select a closing agent to handle your title services and closing
step 5 - application approval
- Our processors and underwriters will work to formally approve your loan
- Provide any additional items that may be requested
- Shop around and obtain homeowners insurance for your new home
step 6 - settle on your new home
- Meet at the settlement table to sign on the dotted line and walk away with the keys to your new home!
Educational Homebuying Course
Framework® is educational resource that can help you understand important steps you may need to take as you buy a new home. It's accepted by most first-time homebuyer incentives that require education.
Homebuyer Advantage Plus
View our printer-friendly product PDF to learn more about our Homebuyer Advantage Plus mortgage.
HomeReady Mortgage Plus
Download our printer-friendly PDF to learn more about our HomeReady Mortgage Plus program which offers up to 97% financing.
Contact A Mortgage Professional
Contact a mortgage professional. We're in your neighborhood!