A bank account with health benefits.
Attract and retain employees by offering Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). When coupled with qualified high-deductible health plans (HDHPs), tax-advantaged HSAs help save money on many out-of-pocket medical expenses like doctor visits and prescriptions.
HSAs might be the right choice for you because they may provide employees lower monthly premiums and give them more control over their health care while offering you and your business certain tax advantages.
Employees are eligible for an HSA account if:
- They are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
- They are not covered by any other health plan that is not a HDHP
- They are not enrolled in Medicare
Qualified medical expenses include:
- Routine physical exams
- Dental treatment
- Eye exams, glasses, and eye surgery
- Hearing aids
- Hospital services
- Lab fees
- Nursing services
- Prescription drugs
- Operations (excluding cosmetic surgery)