Fulton Bank, N.A. is a Member of the FDIC. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is an independent agency of the federal government that insures depositors' accounts.
FDIC Insurance Coverage Up To $1,000,0001 Or More
Fulton Bank is one of the four affiliate banks of Fulton Financial Corporation. Deposits at each of the affiliate banks within Fulton Financial Corporation are separately insured. By opening accounts at more than one affiliate bank, your deposits can be insured up to $1,000,000 or more.
Here are some things you should know about the safety and soundness of Fulton Financial Corporation's affiliate banks:
- We are regularly and thoroughly examined by state and/or federal regulators who focus on institutional performance, soundness, risk management and capital adequacy. All of the banks within Fulton Financial Corporation meet the regulators' definition of being "well-capitalized".
- Deposits in each of our banks are insured by the FDIC for up to $250,000 per depositor per insured bank. That means you could have up to $1,000,000 insured at our four affiliate banks. Additionally, IRAs are separately insured for an additional $250,000 per depositor per insured bank.
- We believe that Fulton Financial Corporation and its four affiliate banks have been conservatively managed. Over the years our affiliate banks have withstood the peaks and valleys of the nation's economy, and some were established more than a century ago.
- We are able to accommodate our customers seeking to spread their deposit balance to qualify for additional FDIC insurance by opening additional certificates of deposit for them within our family of affiliate banks.
FDIC Insurance Coverage For Deposit Accounts
FDIC insurance covers all deposit accounts, including:
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Money Market deposit accounts
- Certificates of deposit
FDIC insurance does not cover other financial products and services that the bank may offer, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance policies, annuities or securities. The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category.
- Should the balance in your deposit accounts exceed $250,000, we can assist you in maximizing the FDIC coverage in one of two ways:
- We can review your relationship with us and provide suggestions on how to title your account(s) such that each account is insured to the FDIC maximum.
- Because we have multiple insured banks within our company and FDIC coverage is based on bank charters, we can help you move some of your balance to any one of our other affiliate banks for coverage up to $1,000,000 (assuming one account at each of our four affiliate banks).
- Reminder: IRA's held by one person at a financial institution are FDIC insured up to a combined maximum of $250,000.
If you have additional questions regarding FDIC coverage of your specific accounts, please contact a financial center or visit the FDIC website.