Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
Eligible active duty military personnel can enjoy the benefits of rate reductions and certain financial protections courtesy of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides protections for servicemembers in the event that their military service impedes their ability to meet financial obligations incurred before entry into active military service. The law's purpose is to postpone or suspend certain civil obligations so that members of the Armed Forces can focus their full attention on their military responsibilities without adverse consequences for them or their families. The relief provided under SCRA includes:
- Reducing the rate of interest for debts incurred before entering active duty to 6%
- Protecting service members against default judgments, evictions, mortgage foreclosures, and repossession of property
- Giving service members the ability to terminate residential and automobile leases
- Protecting servicemembers against foreclosure
If you're a customer and are currently on active duty, let us know by calling 1.800.FULTON.4 and we will add your name and relevant information to our SCRA customer list. In order to qualify for the interest rate deduction, you will need to provide us with a copy of your active duty orders.
Eligible Servicemembers include:
- Active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard
- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard reservists serving on active duty
- National Guard members in qualifying active service
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service
Active duty? We can help.
Let us know if you are on active duty and we will add your name and relevant information to our SCRA customer list. In order to qualify for the interest rate deduction, you will need a copy of your active duty orders.