Security Word Set Up
Important Updates to our call center:
Beginning June 19, 2021, when you call 1.800.FULTON.4 (1.800.385.8664), you will be guided to answer new authentication questions to access account balance and activity details. These updates will make your experience faster and more secure, providing an opportunity to speak to a representative without having to repeat your security or account information.
How to prepare for this change:
1. Set up a security word by June 18. If you do not have a security word on file for your account, one needs to be established. By creating a security word ahead of this upgrade, you will have a more seamless authentication experience when contacting the call center.
2. Ensure the phone number you contact us from is updated on your account. Our new technology will be able to recognize the phone number which you are calling from, adding an extra layer of recognition for the security of your accounts.
3 ways to set up your security word and security hint:
- 1. Log in to your Personal Online Banking account or mobile app and contact us using Secure Message.
- For desktop, click the [Support] menu on the top tool bar and select Secure Message. For mobile app, click [More] in the lower right menu and then select Secure Message.
- Select New Message
- Type Security Word in the subject line. In the body of the message, type Security Word [your word here] and Hint [your hint here]
- Your security word cannot contain any punctuation, abbreviations or special characters (ie. #, *, !)
- Your security word is something easy for you to remember, but difficult for someone else to guess. Your hint will help you recall your security word should you be unable to remember.
2. Contact us at 1.800.FULTON.4 (1.800.385.8664) Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
3. Visit your local financial center with a valid form of identification.
Update for Business Customers
Our business customers will have a more seamless experience following the upgrade. Business customers will authenticate themselves as individuals, using the personal information defined above. Following authentication, access to all personal and business account balance and account activity will be available. Each authorized signer for the business is required to have a security word established in order to access information.