FULTON FINANCIAL CORPORATION Privacy Notice for California Residents
Updated August 12, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in Fulton Financial Corporation’s Privacy Notice and applies solely to residents of the State of California ("consumers" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Nliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994
In particular, we collect and have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
As listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Contact and financial information such as a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
Education, employment, or employment history.
Medical information or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
Professional or Employment-related information
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Inferences drawn from other personal information
Certain inferences concerning an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from documents you provide or through products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your usage of and actions and submissions on our Website.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, from credit bureaus or other companies.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill the request for which you provided us information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a financial product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery of our product or service to you. We may also save your information to facilitate new requests or process refunds.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third party sites, and emails or text messages. Emails and text messages are sent only with your consent, where such consent is required by law.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users/consumers is among the assets transferred.
- To audit a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Government or regulatory authorities.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information (as described above) for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data.
- Professional or Employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclosed your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Copy of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months (collectively, referred to as your ‘access’ right). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The categories of personal information we disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- The categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party (if applicable).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if an exception applies, such as regulatory or legal obligations or as required for servicing the account.
California residents also have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by us. As noted above, we do not sell personal information about California residents.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 717.291.2799 or 1.800.432.9887
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Visiting https://www.fultonbank.com/Contact-Us
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.